Experienced attorneys dedicated to providing effective, economic legal service to the community.
Elizabeth is a 1990 graduate of Lawrence County High School, where she graduated with honors. She attended Morehead State University, where she majored in political science and minored in English. She graduated in 1994. While at MSU, Elizabeth was a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority where served as secretary and on their ethics committee. In addition, Elizabeth was active with the Student Government Association (SGA).
During her 8th grade year and after reading her now favorite book, To Kill a Mockingbird, Elizabeth knew she wanted to be an attorney. She went on to attend Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville. During law school, Elizabeth was active with the Journal of Family Law. In addition to attending law school, she worked full time to put herself through school. Elizabeth graduated and passed the Kentucky Bar in 1998.
Elizabeth began her career as a staff attorney at Legal Aid of the Bluegrass, where she learned to fight for the disadvantaged. Except for a brief stint at the Boyd County Public Defender's Office, Elizabeth worked with Legal Aid from 1998-2008. Elizabeth has also presented at the Kentucky Law Update and the Consumer Bankruptcy Law Conference on the interplay between bankruptcy and divorce as well as on evidentiary issues in bankruptcy
- Personal Injury
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Morehead State University, Morehead, Kentucky
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Gamma Phi Beta, Member
- Honors: Student Government Association (SGA)
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
- Kentucky, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1999
- Thomas & Francis PSC, 2014 to 2016
- Law Office of Elizabeth Thomas, 2008 to 2014
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass, Managing Attorney, 1998 to 2008
- Boyd County Public Defender's Office